Application Instructions for the Role of BCB Music Director
So you want to be a conductor?
We are looking for a music director to be responsible for the leadership of the Barrie Concert Band which includes these duties:
- Selecting music;
- Directing Tuesday evening rehearsals at the Allandale Recreation Center in Barrie between 8-10 pm;
- Additional sectional rehearsals as needed;
- Effectively prepare music for public performances which will occur approximately 6-8 times per year;
- Report directly to the BCB Executive Committee.
The incumbent must:
- Have exceptional leadership and communication skills to be able to manage and motivate a large group of people with varying levels of music experience in a positive and professional manner.
- Be a highly skilled music professional, with conducting experience as well as experience as a performer, preferably in a community band/orchestral setting to understand the rigours of rehearsal from the players’ viewpoint.
- Experience and comfort level with a wide range of musical styles and periods.
- Ability to represent the Band in a professional manner at all times.
| || The deadline for applications is Saturday, April 15, 2017. |
Please e-mail a curriculum vitae (CV) with a cover letter to:
The BCB Music Director Search Committee
c/o Derryl Johnston, BCB Secretary
The cover letter can be pasted into the body of the email or added as an attachment. Please include a paragraph describing why you are interested in the position and how can you contribute to the vision for an established group.
The CV or résumé should include your contact information, education, and professional experience. Attachments should be in .pdf or Word format, and can include links to portfolios.
We kindly thank all applicants for their interest. All information will be treated as completely private and not used in any way other than for the purpose of selecting a candidate.